UA-46166551-1

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Ear Piercings and the infection to follow


So what ever happened to just an ordinary ear lobe piercing? In today’s society research has shown that more than 86% of people between the ages of 16-24 have more than one piercing in their ears. It has become a growing trend to have all kinds of strange ear piercings and they include; Scaffold, Rim, Snug, Conch, Anit-Tragus, Lobe, Tragus, Rook, Diath, and the Inner Pinner. Now I don’t know about you, but I for one have never even heard of the majority of these!

So as you know, any kind of piercing has the potential to cause infection. However it is the likes of these piercings (mentioned above) that are the most common cause as these tricky positions make it extremely hard for people to keeping their piercings dry and clean.     

I myself have my lobe pierced 3 times now as each time I would neglect the piercing and it would get so sore from infection that I just couldn’t keep the jewellery in anymore! However third time lucky and I have finally learnt my lesson and kept this on clean and allowed the proper amount of time before changing the ear jewellery. That is a great piece of advice, follow the piercers instructions!

I likewise have the rim of my ear pierced and that one hurt a lot! A lot of people ask me, “Was it worth it?” and when I look back at how many times my ears have been infected and the pain it caused, I would still always say “yes!” I may not have looked after my piercings properly, but for those who do, the results are great!

For more information about ear piercing infections visit this Beauty Treatment website. They have all the info you need to know and more!

4 comments:

  1. Hey !! you have share a great informative blog. Everyone knows that they do a hole in their body part so it need much care for it. This helps people to know the symptoms of infection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agreed with your thought. This piercing is too risky and i also suggest to people don't do it.

      Delete
  2. Great share! It is significant that we have knowledge of any consequences of our ear piercing and we know how it is properly cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine has grown out three times and looks like it too. Same with all of my eyebrows. Now I'm just trying to collect straight-through piercings rather than surface-typed ones.

    ReplyDelete